About CCA

CCA_Exterior

Our History

 

The Chelmsford Center for the Arts located in historic Town Hall is Chelmsford’s only public art institution.

Opened on November 7, 2009, it is the home to the CCA Gallery, Artists-in-Residence Studios, Applause Academy, All the World’s a Stage Players, Chelmsford Art Society, Chelmsford Community Band, Chelmsford Community Jazz Band, Chelmsford Players, Toastmasters, and Illumination Opera.

A historic building in the heart of Chelmsford has found new life as the Chelmsford Center for the Arts (CCA). From 1879 to 1981, the Old Town Hall played a traditional role for local residents as the center of the town’s government. After 1981, the building was used as a community center, for office space and as a charter school.

 

Our Mission

Our mission is to bring the visual and performing arts to Chelmsford and surrounding towns by providing a venue for active engagement as a participant or audience member.

Our Staff & Board Members

Chairman of the Board: Donald Van Dyne

Executive Director: Susan Julian Gates

Gallery Curator: Mary Woodward

Directors: Eliane Consalvo, Susan Julian Gates, Kit Harbison, Elaine Zouzas Thibault, Mary Woodward

Dacey Zouzas – Directors.  Executive Director – Susan Julian Gates, Gallery Curator – Mary Woodward

Comments are closed